Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 7 - Wikis

This week I checked out the various Wikis on the web 2.0 page. Wikis seem like a great way for people to share information and make culmulative lists for things like book recommendations. I thought it would be great to have a recommended teenage fiction Wiki on the Library website, where any Librarian could edit the page or add more books. The only trouble with Wikis especially ones where anyone can edit the information is that sometimes the information doesn't end up being that credible. I have found this for example on Wikipedia.

I added my blog to favourite blogs on the ACL PB Wiki and also one of my favourite books "Leaving the World" to the one of the favourite books pages. I thought PB Wiki would be a good tool to use if you wanted to set up your own wiki for work or play.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done! I like the idea of a shared teenage resources wiki!